Serving as a trusted advisor to a diverse range of clients, Stefan works diligently to identify creative and concise solutions to individuals and businesses. Stefan brings a breadth of knowledge from his expansive professional background ranging from clerking with government agencies such as the United States Attorney Office for the Southern District of Ohio, to working in the private sector as an attorney for Kegler, Brown, Hill + Ritter.
Whether acting as outside general counsel to businesses or a legal counselor to individuals, he provides particularized strategic counsel to each client. Among his range of practice areas, Stefan’s primary areas of focus have been on domestic and international business, litigation, and Arts and Entertainment.
- Columbus Bar Association, member & past Employee Benefits chair
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star 2016, 2017, 2018
- Who’s Who in Black Columbus, 2013
- Lawyer for a Day, founder
- M.O.R.E., Inc., board member
- Ohio Dance, board of trustees, executive board member
- Side Hustle Syndicate, Inc., board member
- Sonya’s Cancer Caregivers’ Center, volunteer external advisor
- “Care to…Entity?” OhioDance Newsletter, Fall 2016 Vol 40, no. 1
- “The Tune of the Contract” OhioDance Newsletter, Winter 2016 Vol 40, no. 2
- “The Graham-Balanchine Effect” OhioDance Newsletter, Spring 2017 Vol 40, no. 3
- “Performance Rights – Broadcasters to Pay?” The Licensing Journal, September 2015
- “Film – Economic Booster for Columbus?” Lexology, July 2015
- “Practical Steps for Arts Startups,” Lexology, July 2015
- “Sampling?” Lexology, April 2014
- “Streaming: Friend or Foe?” Lexology, April 2014
- “The Modern Lawyer,” Columbus Bar Lawyers Quarterly, Winter 2014
- “The Beat of Infringement Part V” OhioDance Newsletter, Fall News 2018, Vol 42, no. 1
- “The Beat of Infringement Part IV” OhioDance Newsletter, Summer News 2018, Vol 41 no. 3
- “The Beat of Infringement Part III” OhioDance Newsletter, Spring News 2018, Vol 41, no. 2
- “The Beat of Infringement Part II” OhioDance Newsletter, Winter News 2017, Vol 41, no. 1
- “The Beat of Infringement Part I” OhioDance Newsletter, Summer News 2017, Vol 40, no. 4
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel (2012)
- Pontifica Universidad Catolica Argentina (UCA) in Buenos Aires, Argentina (2010-2011)
- The Ohio State University (B.A. 2009)
Stefan works closely with clients on issues of entity formation, corporate structuring, acquisitions, and securities. He further advises on global related matters such as business transacting abroad, anti-corruption laws, and embargoed country transactions. His approach to business strategy, relationship management, and corporate growth, allows him to be an asset to emerging, established, and transitioning businesses.
From serving as general counsel to Arts organizations to negotiating reality television agreements and celebrity artists agreements, Stefan’s work in the entertainment industry is wide ranging. He writes and speaks at local and national events on issues important to the Arts, offering advice to a myriad of artists including, musicians, graphic designers, and dance companies.
Stefan advises clients on protecting their ideas and brands. He advises and engages in copyright or trademark matters. Whether negotiating or executing license agreements or filing for intellectual property rights, Stefan works diligently to ensure clients are protected.
Stefan represents clients in various litigation matters. He has represented clients in civil matters before courts, state agencies, and zoning boards regarding matters such as employment, contractual disputes, and property disputes. Stefan also has been involved in prosecuting and defending a number of criminal offenses such as rape, menacing, and assault.