Serving as a trusted advisor to a diverse range of clients, Stefan works diligently to identify creative and concise solutions to individuals and businesses. Stefan brings a breadth of knowledge from his expansive professional background ranging from clerking with government agencies such as the United States Attorney Office for the Southern District of Ohio, to working in the private sector as an attorney for Kegler, Brown, Hill + Ritter.
Whether acting as outside general counsel to businesses or a legal counselor to individuals, he provides particularized strategic counsel to each client. Among his range of practice areas, Stefan’s primary areas of focus have been on general business advice, litigation, and counseling artists and entertainers.
- American Bar Association, member
- Better Lawyer, editorial board member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star 2016, 2017
- Who’s Who in Black Columbus, 2013
- M.O.R.E., Inc., board member
- Lawyer for a Day Initiative, founder
- Bridgescape Academies, board member
- Ohio Dance, board of trustees, member
- S.A.G.I.C., board member
- Sonya’s Cancer Caregivers’ Center, volunteer external advisor
- “Care to…Entity?” OhioDance Newsletter, Fall 2016 Vol 40, no. 1
- “The Tune of the Contract” OhioDance Newsletter, Winter 2016 Vol 40, no. 2
- “The Graham-Balanchine Effect” OhioDance Newsletter, Spring 2017 Vol 40, no. 3
- “Performance Rights – Broadcasters to Pay?” The Licensing Journal, September 2015
- “Film – Economic Booster for Columbus?” Lexology, July 2015
- “Practical Steps for Arts Startups,” Lexology, July 2015
- “Sampling?” Lexology, April 2014
- “Streaming: Friend or Foe?” Lexology, April 2014
- “The Modern Lawyer,” Columbus Bar Lawyers Quarterly, Winter 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel (2012)
- Pontifica Universidad Catolica Argentina (UCA) in Buenos Aires, Argentina (2010-2011)
- The Ohio State University (B.A. 2009)
Stefan works closely with clients on issues related to corporate structuring, entity formation, and contractual execution. He further advises on global related matters such as business transacting abroad, anti-corruption laws, and embargoed country transactions. His approach to business strategy, relationship management, and issue identification, allows him to be an asset to emerging, established, and global businesses.
From negotiating reality television agreements to negotiating celebrity artists agreements, Stefan’s work in the entertainment industry is wide ranging. He writes and speaks at local and national events on issues important to the Arts, offering advice to a myriad of artists including, musicians, graphic designers, and dance companies.
Stefan advises clients on protecting their ideas and brands. He advises and engages in copyright or trademark matters. Whether negotiating or executing license agreements or filing for intellectual property rights, Stefan works diligently to ensure clients are protected.
Stefan represents clients in criminal and civil matters. He has been involved in prosecting and defending a number of criminal matters such as menacing, assault, drug trafficking, obstruction of justice, OVI/DUI, and theft offenses. Stefan has represented clients in civil matters relating to debt resolution, defamation, and contract breach, appearing before courts and review boards.